Interests Framework – Load before this mod
Harmony – LOverhauls the passion system, adding 11 new “interests” that affect colonists in good, bad, and strange ways when using the skills they’re associated with.
Add variety to your colonists’ skills, with compulsive miners, chefs who fall asleep on the job, farmers who are allergic to plants – and much more.
– “No passion”, “minor passion” and “major passion” re-balanced to 50%, 75%, and 100% learn rate, respectively.
– New interests (in addition to the original 3) are generated based on the initial level of the character’s associated skill, the type of associated skill, whether the colonist already has an interest of that type, and certain backstory elements (traits) that may force either positive or negative interests for some skills.
Vocal Hatred – 25% learn rate, all colonists on the map lose joy (recreation) more quickly when working with a skill if ANY colonist has this interest on the associated skill
Major Aversion – 20% learn rate, significant mood penalty when working with the associated skill
Minor Aversion – 35% learn rate, mood penalty when working with the associated skill
Allergic – 100% learn rate, but the colonist will gradually gain an allergic reaction (health effect that decreases breathing, talking, and sight, and causes vomiting at the highest levels) while working with the skill.
Bored – 70% learn rate, but the colonist will randomly take a nap if they work with the skill for too long.
Forgetful – 90% learn rate, but loses experience at twice the normal rate.
Stagnant – Colonist can’t gain experience in this skill. Usually only appears on skills with high initial levels (10+).
Invigorating – 30% learn rate, but the colonist loses rest at half the normal rate while using this skill.
Inspiring – 80% learn rate, and the colonist is much more likely (10x) to become inspired in this skill.
Compulsion – 130% learn rate, but the colonist has an extra need bar: they must use the skill occasionally, or they experience an increasing mood penalty.
Natural Genius – 150% learn rate, and the colonist automatically gains experience in the skill at a slow rate.
[D] Interests Framework
– EdB Prepare Carefully (patch included in framework). Note that not every skill is eligible for every interest, and some interests can only appear on a colonist a certain number of times. This is not a bug.
– RimHUD (patch included in framework)
– Character Editor (patch included in framework)
– Work Tab
– Mad Skills (though this will impact Forgetful)
– Generally, mods that display skill/passion information in an exclusionary way. I don’t know any in particular other than the ones I’ve explicitly patched, but they’re bound to be out there. Let me know if you find one.
– Custom races may or may not take advantage of expanded passions automatically.
Please let me know if you run into any issues, compatibility or otherwise.
The power of the interests is probably still pretty imbalanced, so let me know if you have any suggestions.
Also, I’m definitely not an artist, so anyone willing to help with better icons would be much appreciated!oad before this mod and Interests Framework